MEND Nutrition Inc.
Developed by renowned experts, MEND Cosmetic is a medical dietary supplement with an evidence based proprietary formulation of nutrients designed to support healing following surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.†
Adding MEND Cosmetic to your daily routine will provide your body with nutrients to support tissue healing, reduce inflammation, reduce bruising, and speed up the healing process.†
from our customers
INGREDIENTS & BENEFITS
- Increased absorption of non-essential amino acids
- Boost production of new collagen
- Improvement in skin toning, thickening and overall skin health
- Improve skin elasticity and moisture
There is a growing body of clinical research supporting the benefits of oral intake of hydrolyzed collagen. For example a 2014 double blind placebo study, published in Skin Pharmacology and Physiology found a 20% reduction in skin wrinkles when collagen was taken daily for 12 weeks and a causal relationship between collagen consumption and improved skin elasticity, structure and moisture.
- One of the best remedies available to heal bruises faster.
- Well known for its ability to reduce swelling.
- Natural pain reliever that doesn’t mask the pain
- Speeds up healing process by sending more white blood cells to the injury
Arnica is a well-studied herb that is gaining broad scientific and medical support. It is very commonly recommended by doctors to aid in healing post surgery. A study posted in the Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery demonstrated less bruising in facelift patients who were administered arnica. This study and other sources of information can be found below:
- Our protein complex contains both whey protein isolate and concentrate which are both rapidly absorbed combined with casein which requires several hours to be digested.
- Since whey rapidly increases protein synthesis and casein blocks protein breakdown, a combination of both is considered to be ideal.
- For maximum absorption, and to support healthy digestion, we have included whey protein isolate in combination with whey protein concentrate to reduce the amount of lactose, fat and carbohydrates while providing the high quality protein needed support aging muscle.
- Casein provides a prolonged plateau of amino acid concentration in blood plasma lasting over 7 hours. The result is a sustained release of amino acids into the blood stream.
Data supports the ability of dietary protein to acutely stimulate muscle protein synthesis in aging individuals and that moderately increasing daily protein intake beyond the recommended daily allowance may enhance muscle protein anabolism and provide a means of reducing the progressive loss of muscle mass with age.
A study published in The Journal of Nutrition demonstrates the benefits of consuming a protein blend for muscle protein synthesis after exercise. The correct blend of proteins can provide complementary amino acid profiles and different digestion rates (amino acid release profiles). The result provides fast absorption combined with a prolonged delivery of amino acids to muscles and extended muscle protein synthesis when subjects consumed a blend when compared to a single source of protein alone.
- Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are the three branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) that are highly effective for stimulating skeletal muscle protein synthesis.
- BCAAs are required for protein synthesis necessary for muscle growth, in addition to helping to support healing of injured tissues and the healthy functioning of the nervous system..
- BCAAs have been shown to be the major carriers of amino nitrogen between the viscera and the peripheral tissues, including skeletal muscle, but more importantly they appear to be the ones most responsible for the direct stimulation of muscle protein synthesis.
- Blood and tissue concentrations of BCAA are altered by several disease and other abnormal physiological states, including diabetes, liver dysfunction, starvation, protein/calorie malnutrition, alcoholism, and obesity.
A study conducted at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston concluded the important role of leucine in the formulation of any amino acid/protein supplement for reversing a weakened response of muscle protein synthesis to nutritional supplementation in the elderly.
- Protein building block that facilitates metabolism and immune system.
- After surgery or traumatic injury, nitrogen is necessary to repair the wounds and keep the vital organs functioning. A large and critical portion of this nitrogen comes from glutamine.
- Supports human growth hormone secretion (HGH). HGH is sometimes referred to as the “youth” hormone and is a significant factor for why younger people heal more effectively.
- A very effective intestinal and immune system health compound, as these cells use glutamine as the preferred fuel source rather than glucose.
- Additionally, HGH plays a large role in fat metabolism and muscle growth.
According to NYU Lagone Medical Center “Heavy exercise, infection, surgery, and trauma can deplete the body’s glutamine reserves, particularly in muscle cells. The fact that glutamine does so many good things in the body has led people to research glutamine supplements as a treatment for various conditions, including preventing the infections that often follow endurance exercise, reducing symptoms of overtraining syndrome, improving nutrition in critical illness, alleviating allergies, and treating digestive problems. Please read Nutrition in Clinical Practice’s “Clinical applications of Glutamine”.
- Helps to fight inflammation
- Helps to repair blood vessels
- Improves blood circulation and enhances wound healing
- Improves immune function
L-arginine has been subject to hundreds of clinical studies.
- Strengthen the walls of blood vessels
- Reduce oxidative stress
- Minimize bleeding, bruising and swelling after surgery
Bioflavonoids have been investigated extensively for their biological activity.
- Help the body manage inflammation
- Improves sleep
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Improves muscle function
- Supports protein synthesis
- Allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1)
- Vitamin A is required for epithelial and bone formation, cellular differentiation and immune function. It therefore plays a significant role in wound healing and bone healing/rebuilding.
- Most cartenoid forms of vitamin A function as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
According to National Institute of Health: “Vitamin A is essential for good health. It promotes growth, the immune system, reproduction, and vision. However, recent research suggests that too much vitamin A, particularly in the form of retinol, may be bad for your bones.” Please refer to the NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases site for more information on studies and recommended intake.
- Increased calcium and mineral absorption in the body
- Decreased levels of serum cholesterol
- Ideal for maintaining mineral density and bone strength
- Aids in support immunity
- Supports the growth and balance of important bacteria in the digestive track.
The gut microbiota is the population of bacteria and other microbes that live in your gut. This community is highly complex, and contains both good and bad bacteria. Having the right balance of bacteria is essential for keeping your gut healthy and protecting you from disease.
Fructooligosaccharides can help promote this balance. In fact, studies have shown that FOS can help stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria. Increasing the amounts of these bacteria can help improve digestion, immunity and overall health.
In addition, to their prebiotic benefits, Fructooligosaccharides also increase calcium absorption in the body, an important consideration for pre- and post-menopausal women, ages 45 and older, who are losing critical bone mass that increases their risk for osteoporosis and bone fractures.
- Known as a strong antioxidant, vitamin C can help neutralize the free radicals associated with trauma and injury.
- Aids in building connective tissue.
- Aids in wound healing.
According to PubMed: “Clinical studies provide evidence that wound healing in subjects judged not deficient in vitamin C can be significantly accelerated with supplements of this nutrient above the recommended daily allowance (RDA).” According to another study on Vitamin C as an antioxidant: “Vitamin C in humans must be ingested for survival. Vitamin C is an electron donor, and this property accounts for all its known functions. As an electron donor, vitamin C is a potent water-soluble antioxidant in humans. Antioxidant effects of vitamin C have been demonstrated in many experiments in vitro.” According to Dr. Sinatra: Because surgery depletes your body of vitamin C, take 500–1,000 mg as part of your daily routine before surgery and 1,000 mg three times a day after surgery. Return to your usual dosage after two weeks. Numerous studies indicate that vitamin C helps prevent surgical shock and post-surgical bed sores, and that it significantly speeds healing time. It’s also necessary for the production of collagen—a basic structural protein used in wound repair.
- Studies now indicate HMB inhibits protein degradation in the body, which promotes muscle growth, and prevents muscle breakdown.
- HMB appears to be the main metabolite of leucine that more effectively prevents the breakdown of muscle protein.
- A review article, published in January 2008 in the “Nutrition & Metabolism” journal, indicates that multiple studies found that HMB had positive effects on strength, lean body composition and reduced soreness on trained athletes.
- HMB helps speed up muscle repair and recovery time.
Numerous studies have found increases in lean muscle mass and strength in the elderly and clinical populations when using HMB. Our research section contains papers as well as a link to PubMed which can be used to look up the studies on HMB. Please read “International Society of Sports Medicine Postion on HBM.”
- Crucial for absorption of calcium and bone health. The Vitamin D will help aid the absorption of the Calcium contained in MEND.
- Aids and regulates the immune system.
Vitamin D has become one of the most researched and prescribed vitamins. Conclusions according to one study: “This meta-analysis supports the use of vitamin D3 of 800 IU daily to reduce the incidence of osteoporotic non-vertebral, hip, and non-vertebral-non-hip fractures in elderly women. Vitamin D(3) with calcium appears to achieve benefits above those attained with calcium supplementation alone for non-vertebral and non-vertebral-non-hip fractures.”
- B1 (Thiamin) – Assists with digestion, maintains the proper stomach acid level, converts carbohydrates into energy, and helps stabilize the nervous system.
- B2 (Riboflavin) – Aids with ensuring healthy skin, good eyesight, and the use of carbohydrates, proteins and fats for energy.
- B3 (Niacin) – Promotes good circulation, decreases high blood pressure, assists with digestive system function, maintains sharp cognitive abilities and captures energy from food.
- B5 (Panthothenic Acid) – Maintains healthy adrenal glands, assists with the growth of antibodies and converts food into energy.
- B6 (Pyridoxal Phosphate) – Achieves the proper balance of fluids in the body, increases protein metabolism, and promotes the formation of red blood cells.
- B7 (Biotin) – Enhances the health of hair and skin and ramps up the metabolism of fat, proteins and carbohydrates.
- B9 (Folic acid) – Aids with the generation and reproduction of red blood cells
- B12 (Cobalamin) – Enhances the growth of red blood cells and helps stabilize the nervous system.
Below is a list of all the different ways that B complex vitamins support the human body:
B-Complex allows for supplementation of all eight vitamins simultaneously, as multiple deficiencies can overload the body with a number of illnesses and ailments. The B-Complex vitamin is a powerhouse of a vitamin combination as all of these separate vitamins work hand in hand to deliver powerful health benefits to the body. These health benefits provided by the B-complex vitamin include support of the metabolism and increase in the rate of metabolism, maintenance of healthy muscle tone and skin and enhancing the function of the nervous system and the immune system.
- n essential nutrient to build, maintain and restore bones during the healing process.
- Recent studies show that a flash of calcium is the body’s first immune response to healing tissue.
- Plays a critical role in nerve function, muscle movement and to carrying messages from the brain to the rest of the body, all of which are critical for the healing process.
The findings of a 2013 study, published in Current Biology, shows that a flash of calcium is the body’s first response to healing damaged tissue. According to Medscape: “Calcium plus vitamin D supplements are routinely prescribed for the prevention of osteoporosis and fracture. Although a major study from 2006 questioned this practice, a new meta-analysis reaffirms the usefulness of calcium plus vitamin D in the prevention of fracture.”
- Helps balance pH levels
- Relieves heartburn and indegestion
- Reduces stomach acid
- Buffers lactic acid build up
- Delays fatigue and enhances athletic performance.
- Support the immune system
- Support heart health
- Precursor to glutathione
- Supports thyroid function
- Reduces inflammation
Clinical studies on the use of selenium were searched for in the PubMed electronic database. Sixteen clinical studies were identified among the 167 articles selected in the initial search. The studies were conducted worldwide including European, American and Asian countries between 1987 and 2012.. Selenium supplementation improved the general conditions of the patients while improving the quality of life and reducing the side effects of those who received radiotherapy.
- Improve Skin Health
- Helps Relieve Joint Pain
- Could Prevent Bone Loss
- Could Boost Muscle Mass
- Promotes Heart Health
Where can I buy MEND Cosmetic?
MEND Cosmetic is available through your cosmetic surgeon. If your cosmetic surgeon does not yet carry MEND, you can purchase directly from our website.
Can you ship to my country?
Yes, MEND is shipped worldwide. Please be aware of your country’s policy for importing dietary supplements and that additional taxes and tariffs may be applied by your country.
What flavors are available?
MEND is available in vanilla flavor and fruit punch flavor. To enhance flavor we highly recommend blending MEND into a smoothie. There are many recipes to make it delicious: mend.me/recipes.
How is MEND Cosmetic taken?
To aid absorption of nutrients, it is highly recommended to take MEND blended in a smoothie. We have a number of healthy smoothie recipes listed in the recipes section of our website.
Is MEND proven to work?
All of the nutrients contained in MEND Cosmetic were selected based on the science and evidence supporting their efficacy. We have strong and growing patient data which is increasingly supporting that MEND provides the benefits intended.†
Is MEND Cosmetic natural?
Yes, all of our products are 100% natural, GMO-free and Gluten-free.
Does MEND partner with healthcare professionals?
We are very interested in partnering with medical doctors and others in the healthcare field who would like to make MEND available to their patients. Please email us at email@example.com to learn more about partnering with us.